The WikiCamps Trip Planner 'Smart Insert' automatically updates and adjusts your itinerary when a new site is added.
The new site is inserted into the trip in the order that makes the detour from your current route as small as possible.
Note: Smart insert only checks distance, not date. You will need to use sorting to adjust your place list by date.
How to use Smart Insert:
Android and Apple
- Locate and click on the map pin that you would like to add to your itinerary. The site will now display at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap the three vertical dots on the right-hand side of the site box; located right of the site name header.
- Tap Add To Trip Planner in the More Options pop up.
- Tap Done in the Add Place pop up.
- Tap User Smart Insert in the Where to Insert pop up.
- Your itinerary will now show the new location for that leg of your journey.
- Locate the site you would like to add to your trip in the search bar; or
- Click on the map site pin.
- Click the three vertical dots on the right-hand side of the site box; located right of the site name header.
- Click Add To Trip Planner in the More Options pop up.
- Click Done in the Add Place pop up.
WikiCamps. By campers, for campers.
Article relates to Android, Apple, and Windows devices.