Are you stuck on the "Upgrade Now" screen? Or you have a 14-day trial banner that won't go away?
If you have already purchased WikiCamps on Android but you're seeing this screen it means that your device has not been able to validate your activation (previous purchase).
To fix it, the app will need to find your activation using the Google Account you linked when you purchased WikiCamps.
You can do this using the "Check for Purchase" procedure below.
How to Activate WikiCamps
Check for Purchase:
- Navigate to the Upgrade screen
- If you aren't taken here automatically, you can tap on the upgrade button found in the red banner at the top of the home menu.
- Tap "Check Now" under 'Already Purchased'
- You might be asked for permission to access your contacts. You can grant this permission safely because we will only use it to find the Activation Account and that's it.
- Select the Activated Account
- Done! WikiCamps should be activated on this device
Please note, your activated Google Account is not the same as a WikiCamps User Account.
Did Anything Go Wrong?
Here are some troubleshooting tips for activation issues:
Check for any updates to the WikiCamps app.
Read how to update WikiCamps on your Android Device here (Google Play Support).
Check for any updates to your Android OS.
Read how to update Android OS on your Device here (Google Play Support).
Clear the app cache on your device:
This will reset your device's connection to the activation service and allow you to check your Google account again.
Clear WikiCamps' Cache
- Restart your device
- Open the Settings application
- Head to the 'Apps' menu
- Choose 'Installed Applications'
- Find WikiCamps in this list & select it
- Navigate to the 'Storage' tab
- Tap 'Clear App Cache'
Once you've finished these steps, repeat the "Check for Purchase" to activate your device.
Find out what Google account you might have purchased with:
- Open Google Play on both of your device.
- Swipe in from the left of the screen.
- You should see your Google account associated with your app purchases here.
Note: For WikiCamps to work, this Gmail address must match on all your Android devices.
Add your Google account to your device:
- Open your Android settings.
- Scroll down to the Accounts heading.
- Tap Add account then select Google.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
If WikiCamps still won't activate, please get in touch - we are always here to help at email@example.com.
WikiCamps. By campers, for campers.
Article relates to Android devices