Are you stuck on the Welcome/Purchase screen even though you've already purchased WikiCamps for Android?
If you have already paid for WikiCamps on Android but you're seeing this screen it means that your device has not been able to validate your previous purchase.
To fix it, the app will need to find your purchase in our activation logs using the Google Account you linked when you purchased WikiCamps.
You can do this using one of two "Check for Purchase" procedures, outlined below.
How to Activate WikiCamps - PayPal Purchase:
If you previously purchased WikiCamps using PayPal, then the below procedure can help find your previously linked Google Account.
Check for Purchase:
- Open the app to the Welcome/Purchase screen
- Tap "Restore Purchase" under 'Already Purchased'
- You might be asked for permission to access your contacts. You can grant this permission safely because we will only use it to find the Activation Account and that's it.
- Select the Activated Account
- Done! WikiCamps should be activated on this device
Please note, your activated Google Account is not the same as a WikiCamps User Account.
How to Activate WikiCamps - Google Play Purchase:
If you previously purchased WikiCamps using Google Play, then the below procedure can restore your purchase.
- Open the app to the welcome/purchase screen
- Tap the "Google Play" button at the top of the screen
- Your Google Play account should automatically restore your purchase without requiring you to make another transaction.
Did Anything Go Wrong?
Please follow the below steps to troubleshoot upgrade now/activation issues:
1 - Clear the app cache on your device:
This will reset your device's connection to the activation service and allow you to check your Google account again.
Clear WikiCamps' Cache
- Restart your device
- Open the Settings application
- Head to the 'Apps' menu
- Choose 'Installed Applications'
- Find WikiCamps in this list & select it
- Navigate to the 'Storage' tab
- Tap 'Clear App Cache'
Once you've finished these steps, repeat the "Check for Purchase" to activate your device.
2 - Check for any updates to the WikiCamps app.
Read how to update WikiCamps on your Android Device here (Google Play Support).
3 - Check for any updates to your Android OS.
Read how to update Android OS on your Device here (Google Play Support).
4 - Find out what Google account you might have purchased with:
- Open Google Play on both of your device.
- Swipe in from the left of the screen.
- You should see your Google account associated with your app purchases here.
Note: For WikiCamps to work, this Gmail address must match on all your Android devices.
5 - Add your Google account to your device:
- Open your Android settings.
- Scroll down to the Accounts heading.
- Tap Add account then select Google.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
If WikiCamps still won't activate, please get in touch - we are always here to help at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WikiCamps. By campers, for campers.
Article relates to Android devices