If you're trying to install or sign into WikiCamps on a new device or are having trouble signing into (or signing up for) your User Account - including restoring your previous purchase - this article is here to help you diagnose what might be wrong!
With just 5 quick questions we can help point you to the most helpful articles, so that you can get back into WikiCamps as soon as possible.
Question 1: Have you purchased WikiCamps on this platform (Operating System) before?
- Yes- Go to Question 2.
- No, I've paid for it on another platform/OS - If I add, or change, operating systems (e.g. iPhone to Android / want to download for Windows) do I have to purchase WikiCamps again?
- No, I've never paid for WikiCamps before - What does WikiCamps cost? & How do I download WikiCamps on my device?
Question 2: Are you using a new Android device?
Yes, and it wants me to pay again - Please try all of the steps described in this article: WikiCamps will not activate on an Android device (Upgrade Now or 14 day trial error)
- Note: Email our support team firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help finding your previous purchase.
- Yes, it is working / not showing "upgrade now" - Go to Question 3.
- No- Go to Question 3.
Question 3: Are you signed into your WikiCamps User Account?
- Yes, but I need to change some details - How do I change my username or email address? See also, Question 5.
- Yes, but it says I'm "Unverified"- How do I verify my user account? See also, Question 5.
- No- Go to question 4.
Question 4: Have you created a WikiCamps User Account before?
Yes, but I can't sign in - I have forgotten the password for my WikiCamps user account See also, Question 5.
- Note: If you're not getting emails from us, take a look at: Bigpond Users: How To 'Whitelist' WikiCamps (Mark WikiCamps as a Safe Sender)
Yes/I'm not sure, I have a User Number- If you only see "User 987654" (or similar) it means you are currently an "unregistered" user. How do I know if I am a registered user?
- See the answers below for more information.
- See also, Question 5.
I'm not sure, I can't remember - Do I need a user account to use WikiCamps? & How do I know if I am a registered user? See also, Question 5.
- Note: Email our support team email@example.com if you need help finding an old User Account
- No - How do I sign up for a user account? See also, Question 5.
Question 5: Are you getting any error messages?
Yes, it says that I'm already registered - Double check whether the error message mentions your:
- Email Address: You probably already have an account. Email our support team firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help finding an old User Account.
- Username: Try a different (unique) Username on your next attempt.
*Please note: Your username must be unique to you. WikiCamps will not let you save your account if the username you choose is already taken by another user.
- Yes, it says that it cannot connect to the server - Please email our support team email@example.com
- No - If you're having issues with trips, favourites, or other data on your User Account syncing, try some of the steps in this article Why isn't my WikiCamps trip syncing across devices? or email our support team firstname.lastname@example.org